Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Physical Ailments

For the longest time, I thought being short as 5' 3" male was like a curse that I was forced to live with. I was so miserable and couldn't get out of it. My mom naturally ended up looking down on other shorter males without even thinking about me. I voiced my concerns about being short and mommy just didn't care at all. She kept on looking down on other short people and then when she looked at me, she was like "How come you don't have a girlfriend? You can get one, you know." I was like "Huh, I'm too short." My mom would look down on a short friend and very short cousin and then be like, "What type of lady would want to be with him?" My mom would like straight at me in the face and be like, "So what?" whenever I complained about how short I was at 5' 3". My mom still believes that I can get married and has been worried about it for the longest time. She now accepts me being all weird to her perspective that I can't find a girlfriend and has left me alone.

On top of all this feeling short, lady friends and male jerks have questioned my lifestyle choice of not getting a girlfriend. They don't seem to care about my height. I don't think it's too much of a concern for me now thanks to their influence.

This all leads down to one thing that I ignored up until now. Ten years ago, I went on a date with a super short girl and she had large natural breasts and was interested in me sexually. I was like okay and she e-mailed me, "Thanks for the date." I totally ignored it back then and repressed it out of my head. I was like, we were just hanging out and she's not Korean so whatever. Now that I think about it, I'm like, yeah I went on a date with a girl who would probably be interested in a really tall guy. How she came onto me is pretty cool for back then.