Sunday, January 7, 2018

Proper Discipline

How I'm viewing my time now is that it's about doing the most valuable things to me. I have realized that building myself into a poker pro isn't going to work out and I thought I had something going on. It 's just too risky for me and the pay out isn't enough for my preferences. I'm going after doing something even more risky as paradoxical as it sounds. However, this risky attempt at investment is potentially a lot more rewarding for my preferences so I guess I don't mind the gamble then that is going into it. 

I just cashed out the $476.00 from my online poker account. I ended up winning a nice $200 pot to create my current total. I just feel that it's too risky for me because the way I'm playing is that I'm buying in for the tables at a much higher cost than the expected profit. How I played is that once I made at least a dollar profit in like five minutes, I was out of the table. Sometimes, I would play for an hour to recover my loss and gain some player points and then right after doing better than breaking even, I would leave. I don't really feel comfortable playing with this sort of style because I hate the unpredictable time that goes into it. At least with trading, I could just set it at a certain price level to exit the market and just monitor it every once in awhile. Poker just has way too much gamble for me compared to how the market runs, so I can see that trading would be a much better investment for me.

Also, I'm very lucky to have a nice job as a programmer. I'm making the most money than I ever did at that position. I would like to work less and collect more money and then with the time, spend some time finding a hot girlfriend or something like doing other cool stuff that I want to do while living in a comfortable home. I can't see personally with playing poker as giving me that leverage because of the strong competition that is out there with experienced and lucky players! 

Basically, I'm starting to dial in what my weird feelings are all about. It's about doing stuff while I think it's a pain at that moment. If I don't do it, then I'm failing myself from being lazy about it and racking up some guilt later on. I just have to will myself to do it even though it's a pain during that moment in time. I think it's one of those things where I might not like getting started with something but if I engage myself into it then later on, I may find myself to be happy with having done it. That's basically what my personal feelings are tied to and that's all it is- dealing with things that are a pain.

So overall, the field of economics teaches that time is money. It's about giving yourself the greatest satisfaction while trading with your most valuable commodities, such as personal commitment. Analyzing the things that I'm putting my money into like facial, hair loss prevention, and health enhancement products, I guess it's not that bad after all. I would like to double my salary if possible and work twice as less while enjoying financial stability with an advantageous and comfortable home. This is where mastering my chosen fields of programming and trading will come into play. It's a pain to try to work hard and master it, but that's where proper discipline comes into play and it's about not regretting things in the end so it's worth the uncomfortable journey. 

Also, I think looking at it, this might be something the Lord is allowing upon my life. I really believe that I have more of a calling to listen to pastors and men of God and to lead others to them more than becoming a knowledgeable pastor. I mean I could serve as a mentor outside of church for new believers, but I'm not meant for full time ministry. I'm more meant to enjoy studying God's Word through assistance from these great men of God and to be a cheerful giver for spreading the gospel.