Monday, November 26, 2018

Reaching Goal

I guess there are simple goals- like trying to reach a one post per day average on this post, which I'm finally reaching this month. The end? No, I have more to say. There are also goals that end up turning boring right on the spot like watching an anime show that ends up having a few boring elements for a few seconds before getting addictive again and it's just a constant cycle on repeat. This whole constant cycle of being boring and then feeling exciting in an ambivalent wave pattern feels almost like a mild case of bi-polar mental disease if you ask me. How do I put up with it? I don't care about how bored I get- I'm in it for the honey always!

The only concern about finishing stupid goals like the ones I mentioned above is that it makes me feel sheepish. I feel bad about playing a video game for hours and not stopping and neglecting my homework. I don't have any homework now, thank goodness, but I create my own homework. What do I mean by that? I'm trying to be successful and make lots of money so I voluntarily make homework for myself because I desire it. If I'm not doing this homework to try to make myself successful then what's the point of feeling sheepish after finishing a stupid goal?

If I just leave that rhetorical question by itself, it's an effective post but I will feel that I left it unanswered, so I might as well try to answer it. If I don't do homework to try to make myself successful then feeling sheepish after finishing a stupid goal is very stupid for me indeed. I have something to relate my life to and it's my journey of going on those long trail runs while feeling sore everyday! You have to just sit through it even though I'm sweating like crazy and feeling agony through making my aching legs run even faster up the hills. It's not a 100% comfortable feeling always, but it's like chugging away to get to the finish line. This is how my work life should essentially be. I'm just worried that if I work too much then I won't have any fun so I feel sad about it and this is where I get exposed to fun things and don't want to leave that fun thing all throughout the night and not get a lot of sleep sometimes. I think I need to be used to this whole feeling of trail running for long durations and call it training for a better life while being bored out of my silly mind! I'm not going to do so well at it, but I'm understanding what needs to be done now.