Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Using Fun To Recharge

Just being so glued in on something as a routine can feel so old at times and it might not even be fulfilling from not having reached a goal yet. Perhaps the goal might be further away than we thought as we are nearing the time we expected for it. My mom is currently trying to master playing the flute and has a hard time while making some very obvious mistakes with it still. For myself, I'm able to cover up my mistakes better on the piano when I'm playing solo, so a lot of people think I'm pretty good at it even though I know the truth. I believe that people who are even experts won't be able to tell either unless they know the score by heart and there aren't too many out there who will even say anything if they hear my mistakes.

I'm just digressing a little and I don't know how I ended up taking it that way, but it was interesting to observe I guess on the fly so I wrote it down. What I was trying to get at is that reaching a goal might feel so hard and unpleasant sometimes, but if it's something we truly want to do, it's something we have to stick with. I think my mom is inspired by me to keep practicing because she believes me when I said it's all about practice with getting better on an instrument, and I used to suck at the piano really bad. I have been recently discussing about how it's fun to play and even make mistakes while putting it together. Timing the notes is very important and it feels so right and good when executed. Another reason for my mom is because she wants to eventually play for a local orchestra.

I guess when times feel not so good and slow while trying to stick something out, it's important to relax by doing something that's fun for a person. I think from watching an exciting anime, it can get me all pumped up and inspired to work hard again because a lot of those series are really about the protagonist achieving something impossible while being naturally gifted or very special. What I would like to achieve is perfection in giving myself the right amount of fun to unwind and then getting right back into doing hard work again.