Sunday, January 2, 2022

Continued Debate With Friend Who Says She's a Great Dating Coach

I told her that she shouldn't consider that her methods will always work. She believes that if anyone steps out of their comfort zone with her methods then they will succeed. Stepping out of your comfort zone without any backed science can be another way of saying you are brainwashing someone into doing whatever you say is right. It's like stepping into a cult and everyone telling you to step out of your comfort zone to make yourself happy and then you end up giving up all your savings! There may also be exceptions to saying her coaching methods will always work, but yeah she shouldn't go around advertising her services with people who remind her of how I used to be in the past. It might be a big mistake!  Plus, she never mentioned any timeframe. These are people's sensitive lives she is dealing with and mentioning stepping out of your comfort zone without breaking it down analytically is already a red flag. 

I'm ready to move on with this debate going nowhere and her just wanting to keep on saying she's right about everything without explaining. I told her that she should just go ahead and be herself. I'm happy I've learned to be assertive about holding my position with anything that doesn't make sense to me. The best coaching methods should be effective and easy to apply while making sense to them and appealing to the willing individual. It's not about just going out of your comfort zone. I have a feeling she isn't going to get that big of a recognition for any groundbreaking work and that many referrals from customers with how she currently plans to coach. She already knows my stance if people ever ask about her coaching ability. 

I recommended that she should look up Tony Robbins. This guy has been successful with coaching millions of people and even the top world leaders.