Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Giving Up and Moving On With Friend Who Wants to be Dating Coach

She started out by being defensive and saying that I misinterpreted her about what she meant with "stepping out of your comfort zone" and then went into what a normal friend would do to be supportive. I responded by telling her that being positive doesn't really relate to anything at all with stepping out of your comfort zone. That's naturally a feel good type of thing. Just because she says most friends agree with her doesn't mean people she doesn't know will. Her friends could just naturally be supportive of her. She does get to be selective who she chooses to be friends with. 

I then told her she sounds pretty full of it with her whole coaching gig! I'm not a believer and probably won't be convincing her either with my view. I conceded that if it makes her happy then good luck. I'm moving on with this. 

She asked if I've seen the TV show Indian matchmaker but I've only seen an episode on a similar American show. My take on it is it's just really for entertainment purposes but doesn't really suit my interests too well. 

I'm pretty much seen as a scrub and it's really the pretty ladies and successful "It" people getting over-attention in this world so I just have a decent support system with two trusted homegirls and one of them happens to be my soulmate. 

Positivity does work but it's great to combine it with self-confidence and hard work. If you are blinded by too much ego, then things will go wrong but you can still learn from those experiences while staying positive. I think it's the ideal art of perseverance.