Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Staying Happy

Something that I came across yesterday is such an important lesson. Eleanor Roosevelt said that happiness is not a goal but only a by-product. 

This gets me thinking that pursuing after a goal makes me happy already. Once I've obtained it, then I know it's going to still feel good to dabble on until I find another personal thing to work on. I think I've finally mastered the art of staying happy. 

At the base of my constant joy is really trusting upon a gracious and merciful Savior who is Jesus. I profess to believe in him as God's only Son who came into this world by a virgin birth through the womb of Mary. I'm not ashamed to stick to this belief even if it's outlawed somewhere and they manage to catch me while I go into hiding! With these belief systems, nothing should ever be outlawed. The fact that Christianity has been bruised up so much by sensitive world leaders in the past even during times of peace says something already. 

I think it's wrong to discriminate against Muslims as well even if my beliefs are different from theirs. I just don't believe in some of their sects that believe in forcing everyone to convert to Islam or else go out with a humiliating death. In contrast, the current Christianity in this world all associates with being peaceful like we've all adapted with differences. I don't really know of any Christian groups right now who collectively place their interests first and want to use violence. Jesus doesn't teach this in the Bible.