Friday, March 4, 2022

Being Happy With Things You Can't Get

Not being able to achieve things the way you intended is obviously going to make a lot of selfish people angry. They should all go see a therapist.

I've learned something valuable in that I can learn to be happy even if things don't go in my favor anymore. I'm willing to keep on working hard for something and even if I never achieve the goal I had in mind, I'll still be happy with myself and move on to other things as required. 

What caused a lot of personal drawbacks was from lacking self-confidence while seeing myself as a low-level shorty. I was still able to grind it out while being able to be a little better than normal but my heart never felt at ease. I finally managed to jump over this hurdle. 

Another one is really being indoctrinated with such negative and discriminating views from my parents. They immigrated to this country and have done well enough to be upper-middle so I really place the blame on them for not making them happy with me. They just kept on working and never really spent much time teaching me the ropes in a positive and loving manner. I really had to fend for myself while coping with being sensitive. 

If good fortune happens to me now and I do land up with a good wife and kids someday, then I'm going to dedicate myself to doing a better job than what my parents did. Basically, the advice I have to give anyone that caused an internal ruckus for me and still feel antagonistic towards me over anything is to go see a therapist.