Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What I'm Up To

I have read somewhere that online poker is sort of illegal because Congress has been trying to outlaw it. I guess that makes me sort of a bad person for playing it then and taking money from other people who just don't really know when to let go of their hands. I also get worked up too and lose my money but in the end I just broke even. Man, it's kind of a waste of time but I'm realizing that the PokerStars offers some benefits for playing and storing up some compensation points. You can trade in these points for money if you have enough and that's pretty cool for me. They also occasionally offer free money tournaments if you deposit at least $10. I guess if you are good enough then you'll make some money. Not everyone is good at poker and it looks like some people play just to lose their money and so Congress wants to protect the bad players from losing so much money I guess.

In the end, I don't plan on gambling millions of dollars with Poker. That would be too insane for me and losing with the strongest hand to the worst hand which is like the odds of a lottery but very possible would extremely be so painful so I'm not going to even go there in the first place. I don't care how much pride some players have and want to shove it on me. I just don't care about trying to follow in those crazy players' footsteps now. I project that I could earn a six figure income by just breaking even on this PokerStars site. It's pretty crazy that I can run up the math like that in my head. To get there, it's going to take a lifetime maybe to master it but it would be a fun retirement then and like doing nothing. I don't even know if poker sites are going to be around by then. Maybe Congress will succeed in passing a law to outlaw it then I would have to find something else for a stupid hobby where I waste some retirement funds and transfer a little money over to decent people who were also great players. 

I'm currently thinking about driving a dumb truck to pay off some loans that I incurred. I tried some money-making schemes and it just did not work out for me. I still have faith in some of those items because I never even placed my money in them but just acquired some online books to read about the trades. I would not mind starting an Ebay business and then letting it go on auto-pilot. I also would not mind investing a little on the Forex market. By working for money, I will have then time to go for additional schooling and invest on other stuff to make more profit. It seems like an okay life for me. I think the hard work will pay off with me helping the world and the joy and satisfaction that comes out of that. I don't really feel so empty about doing that. I'll of course be having tons of fun by going places and I hope I get wealthy while I'm young enough. I just don't want to get so old and senile with money pouring in every second- that would sort of suck honestly for me. I'm thinking about benefiting hungry children and Christian ministries that really want to help others with supplies or medical support.  I may even pay my way to an education to be on the front line there. I have to be honest and state that I took some interest in learning about what people like and how I could be a pretty good person for others to get along with, even though there may be lots of differences.  

I'm honestly not all that great because I yell at people sometimes for irritating me a lot. It takes me awhile but when I get there, I think it's not good for the person who got me there by acting irrational and being so persistent about it. Only on certain instances, I'm going to let the person go with me yelling at them so much because I understand their hard times- like if I had a pregnant wife =D. I might actually enjoy her bantering and taking care of the baby still while she's recovering.