Friday, February 12, 2010

Road Runner Plan Turbo

The Timer Warner field guy came over today and helped me hook up the internet which is pretty fast compared to my last DSL subscription that I had at my old home. They said that if you pay about $10 more per month then you can have a faster internet connection. When I ran the download speed test, my connection came up to about 16 Mbps and upto 1 Mbps upload. That's not bad compared to what I'm used to getting. It's almost twice as faster than my previous connection. It's pretty nice even for a wireless connection. I guess the technology for the internet is getting faster and more affordable these days. I would really like to enter into a career dealing with computers and namely I'm thinking that dealing with network engineering technology would actually be a great career path for me.

For some reason, my mind just keeps getting smarter when it comes to dealing with people. I still want to retain my own personal identity and not be in the way of someone's development. I guess I will never be able to pride myself in being a jerk to someone. It's just not how I grew up; I care about it when I think I hurt someone's feelings even if it was not intentional. It was never even in my interest to do things to get a restraining order from a girl who I did not even touch or get a chance to know or even share a large portion of my life with. I'm fairly confident now that as long as I stay off her property, I'll have a great chance of getting it revoked and being able to work for a good company again. I think that she sort of liked me too and I pretty much had no problems seeing her as just an average friend. Oh well, things can go bust in life sometimes but in the end, what you learned out of it and gained something positive from it is more important than seeing the glass half-empty.