Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Personal Preference In Card Games

For all the time I have spent playing online poker, it now looks like the most, boring and least compelling game of fixed limit hold-em is actually becoming my best style of earning money! It's pretty weird because I've been always trying to beat the odds in NL and despite me being dealt the best cards, I've been still getting hammered by other gamblers.

By playing fixed limit, it's basically limiting my loss in case other players to do get lucky against me or give me a better fighting chance to catch up on a hand. Everybody else might find fixed limit to be boring and slow but it's given me a chance at making the most reliable form of return. I'm realizing that poker is a game of marginal returns; it isn't something that will provide a huge return on the long run because of all the time or money that must be put into it. I see the pay off might be realistically like 20% growth of buy-in amount per hour. Therefore, poker is only going to be something I do to just have fun occasionally but for serious purposes I would rather focus on burning my money for a trading career and other educational endeavors that will reward me with stipends.