Monday, May 19, 2014

Letting Go of Self-absorption

I'm finding myself to be without issues; when I communicate it, some friends have stated that everyone has issues with something. It is actually true, and I literally have a little trouble with figuring out what the right thing to do is and what the perfect amount of happiness should ideally be while we're living. I like to spend time to think about those things and to go after what reasonably are my passions!

What I'm finding myself doing a lot more these days than others is abandoning some desires that I don't really find that much use for me now. However, while being in prayer, maybe then things might turn the tide in favor of my direction. Having faith, it might help me stay alert and keep me informed on the things that I need to watch out for.

I'm starting to be about keeping things simple and delegating the things that I'm truly interested in going after. I do believe that making an effort to spend time with the Lord through reading my Bible on a daily basis, I will have a better idea on what's actually going on with the world these days. I believe that God can supply me with everything that I need or desire to my heart's content. There have been times where I'm just not feeling it with some things that I have done like online poker, but now I think I don't feel good about sticking to it.

Regardless of where we end up at, the Bible states that through putting trust in God to settle our issues, even though our sins are like scarlet and red as crimson, He can make them white as snow and make them like wool (Isiah 1:18). What I'm getting out of this verse is that God forgives our sins whenever we confess them (1 John 1:9). Confession also involves an act of turning away from our sin and acknowledging that we wronged God. 2 Corinthians 7:10 states, "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." This means that desiring sinful things in this world will only be a season of pleasure before it withers away through through boredom or having that empty feeling of losing your soul. In other words, it's like your heart doesn't feel alive anymore. Job 14:2 says that man comes forth like a flower and withers away. He also flees like a shadow and does not remain. Jesus can provide a form of living water where you will never thirst anymore, just like the scene with the Samaritan woman at the well. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whosoever shall believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (This verse is something that I have always memorized.)