Friday, May 23, 2014

Job 28, Job 29, Job 30

Job 28:28 states that the fear of the Lord is wisdom and to depart from evil is understanding. Pretty much in a nutshell, I felt that Job 28 talked about how man can't fully comprehend the wisdom that God has. What I heard yesterday on the radio was that God is the only witness to the beginning of the Earth. How He has prepared His Word for the people and given it to us to feed on as daily bread and grow under God's grace is a marvel for me.  Job 28:27 says that God saw wisdom and declared it; that He prepared it and searched it out!

God's wisdom can't be matched with anything valuable in this world. Job 28:21 says that it is hidden from the eyes of all living. In verse 19, it says that God's wisdom can't be valued in pure gold; it pretty much means to me that God is above everything else. 

For Job 29, I recall that God spoke with Satan in the beginning of the book of Job and said that Job was the most righteous person of the land. In this chapter, it gives great insight to what Job did.

Job 29:14-17 states:

14 I put on righteousness, and it clothed me;
My justice was like a robe and a turban.
15 was eyes to the blind,
And I was feet to the lame.
16 was a father to the poor,
And I searched out the case that I did not know.
17 I broke the fangs of the wicked,
And plucked the victim from his teeth.

In other words Job concluded in Job 29:25 that he sat like a chief among men and comforted mourners. People basically listened to Job and held him in high regards. Being righteous under the Lord is definitely a great spot to be in. I'm very encouraged to continue reading the Bible and learning about God's ways.

I think Job 30 gave a little insight to how others will want to follow you, if you have something they can benefit from. However, when you hit rock bottom; how many people will really be there to help you back on your feet? 

Job 30:26-28 states:

But when I looked for good, evil came to me;
And when I waited for light, then came darkness.
27 My heart is in turmoil and cannot rest;
Days of affliction confront me.
28 I go about mourning, but not in the sun;
I stand up in the assembly and cry out for help.

I actually felt like sympathizing with Job after reading these verses and hearing a voice-over. It's really sad with how a mighty man like Job was in his hey day, when he was fallen to the roots of ashes, people just didn't comprehend what he was going through and condemned him while thinking that he was being destroyed by God from having done something really bad. Job went through so much that would be nearly impossible for any man to live through. With him being righteous and then facing afflictions from the enemy and when the light at the end of the tunnel seems exhausted, if we can wait upon the Lord's righteous intervention even with having to face death, we will be redeemed!