Monday, May 19, 2014

How I Might Be Doing Things


The picture is pretty funny because it depicts a Bible scene where Jesus washes the feet of his disciples. Jesus displays humility and love by playing the role of a servant. Intuitively, servant leaders have been very effective at leading this country. Jesus plays the ultimate example with displaying unconditional love by serving us through opening the gates of heaven. He didn't just do it in the unseen, spiritual realm; he also lived it while he was on Earth which eyewitnesses gave account to. Even the leaders of the Jewish synagogue were offended that Jesus worked to heal others on a Jewish, religious day where no one was supposed to work, which is called the Sabbath Day!

Honestly, I'm sold on the issues of the Bible and how it presents itself to be the truth. The tricky part like always has been to try to figure out what the writers of the Bible actually meant with their intentions as well. I'm not buying into my own personal ideology after searching for facts; I think it's foolish to go after something that you could doubt in yourself- it would be better to search for overwhelming truth before taking the leap of faith a notch higher. I'm going to start praying to God a lot more through His Son. It's actually starting to make sense and helping me a lot more.