Thursday, May 22, 2014

Job 25, Job 26, Job 27


I'm actually going through the Bible called the Word of Promise on my Kindle Fire and iPhone. It can also be downloaded onto the PC. It does come with the price of $40. I don't really care about the price, as it didn't seem to be that much for me. I already bought a portable MP3 player that stores those audio files which cost me $100, which is of the same quality!

It really helps me in retaining the information more and is slightly more entertaining because trained actors are doing voice-overs and it has some cool sound effects.

Anyway, a verse I really liked was Job 26:14, "Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, And how small a whisper we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?"

Job and his companions were having a conversation about how God works in their lives and what they valued in their faith with God. However, that's just a little part of God; we do not know the fullness and total glory of God. Yet, God speaks to us with His small voice through the Bible! He used people to be inspired and record His Word on the pages of the Bible. Whenever we read the Bible, we can have faith in knowing that God is trying to reach out to us. We don't need to rely on our own understanding because we already have the Scriptures to wrestle with, which is more than enough. From what I've been accustomed to, a lot of issues are mainly things that depend on who the person is. One thing may work while it might not work for another!

Job 27:13-15 states, “This is the portion of a wicked man with God,
And the heritage of oppressors, received from the Almighty:
14 If his children are multiplied, it is for the sword;
And his offspring shall not be satisfied with bread.
15 Those who survive him shall be buried in death,
And their[a] widows shall not weep."


For myself, that stuck out to me as a warning and something that I don't want to experience for myself. I might be wrong and I don't care if I am because I am willing to be corrected, but I think it's talking about going against God. An unbelieving man is probably going to foster a family of kids who also grow up to not believe in God. I mean some of them might be good people, but it becomes about living in this present world and getting the best out of it. 

The warning sign becomes really about lusting so much after life and never really being satisfied with having too much already. Some people go through the rat race and try to acquire the next greatest things. Some will just live for their favorite T.V. show; what if that show gets cancelled one day? To be married to a wife who married her husband for the wrong reasons and is able to come out of the marriage without being hurt by it is very sad to me; I don't want that- if the girl I'm interested in doesn't want to be with me, then that's that.