Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Power of Acceptance and Laughter

In the past when I was struggling really badly with some negativity and personal confidence issues, I just couldn't get myself out of it and it would send me into this loop of despair which I would just sit through and keep grinding away while feeling so out of it. I think this is where I gained some form of resilience with this unconditional attitude of not giving up no matter what. In some cases, I do back off though but not entirely. I usually regroup and become so fiery in a pretty annoying way with my unassuming opponents! I didn't know what I was even doing during the good later part of my life. 

What's awesome is that I'm pretty much aware of it now. Having this acceptance during my hard times and depressing issues while thinking all of it is funny now with myself, it's made things a lot easier on me. I don't think I would have got this far if it wasn't for a Jewish psychologist who lived and helped brethren stay content at a concentration camp during the Holocaust. It's pretty haunting to imagine being a Jewish victim for back then, and I don't think I would have came out of it alive! I'm just giving homage to the doctor because I try to study the Bible and the Jews were favored by God even though He claims they can be a "stiff-necked people." 

What I learned out of it is to fill your mind with positivity and place a label on the negatives while working your way to keep on staying positive. I don't know how I was able to instantly connect with this idea but it just clicked for me. Basically my area of concern is being rejected by attractive ladies already from being conceived to be too short. Well, maybe they aren't the best for me to begin with then and maybe it's just a personal pride issue thing with wanting to be recognized by others. I'm pretty shy from being a short guy even though my mentality is pretty outgoing and adventurous while being about having a lot of fun. 

Basically from that I have learned to just accept and laugh about my flaws, if it's going to end up with me being turned down by a lady who I thought would be good with me and I happen to like her a lot. I don't know if I should give up right away either, until the pigs fly.