Monday, April 20, 2020

Working Hard And Staying Positive

I figure that life is now about living to please the Lord mainly. My view is to be like this loving and forgiving person like Jesus set out to be. I will come nowhere close to how perfect he was, but it really does give me a sense of direction. The way I see it from being reminded of how is to study the Bible and meditate on it while looking for principles to live while trying to do it the way I want to. At the same time, I'm just letting my heart open up to receiving spiritual guidance.

In a way, with our attitudes it really is self-centered and I think the great relationships are the ones where the other person just cares a whole lot for you and will go out of his or her way to help you out. I think as long as you are happy, then it means you aren't being used. It makes sense with how in some relationships out there, a person could not really be interested in a deeper relationship but more about having physical needs met. It really borders along the line of insanity, if a person lives in this manner because the impulsive centers could be out of sync and leave the person not knowing she's doing herself more harm than good. I'm thinking about someone who tries to live however she wants to, while indulging on anything that just feels good and blocking out everything else. It's like being a drug addict and denying anything ever comes bad out of it. She wants to change for the better sometimes because she's unhappy about something but lacks the willpower to change because the cycle just feels too good to stay a part of and is comfortable to accept it. 

Comparing myself to her, I never felt comfortable enough to be stuck in some sort of rut like playing video games by myself and not enjoying fulfilling conversations like I have with a couple people now. I see them like family even though we aren't related and in a sense, I feel like I have place that I belong to and can continue growing as a person while exploring things that I want to. I guess it's just for fun but I wonder if I could work on building some chemistry and to focus better on how the other person is doing. It just feels good to act like this to someone I legitimately care about.