Sunday, April 18, 2021

New Investing and Trading Approaches

For the later half of last year, my stocks were impressively consistent and gained at least 10% profit to end the year while continuously contributing funds on a monthly basis. It actually did better than the 401K plan my company is providing, but they are giving away free money while they benefit from dealing with less taxes so must be a win-win situation. 

This year, I would like to play more aggressively on my stocks and try to obtain in the range of 30-40% growth. This means that I will also be taking upon greater risk, compared to last year which was so minimal. I think if I end up becoming a rich fart, then there's really no need to risk it so big anymore and live off of it happily while going back to safe investing mode. I've learned how that can be done properly now, but at this time of age, I can handle risking a little more in a reasonable manner for a bigger return. 

For my live Forex trades, it's been flat out breaking even this month from experimenting on placing optimal trades. I also have cryptocurrency pairs that I'm loosely applying my strategy while paper trading on it to get some additional insight. 

I'm starting to come away with two, reliable swing trading strategies that relies on a fast moving average, hi-lo oscillator, and important pivot price levels. It's my secret recipe that I'm still perfecting but mainly to generalize what I'm doing, it's following the main trend which works the most effectively or bouncing off an important resistance or support price area. The latter one is quite complicated and can even be more flexible but I noticed that I need to have at least half confirmation with my indicators on a 4-hour chart to see if I can get things rolling.