Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Being Motivated With Self-discipline

I guess it's pretty dumb in general to be unhappy with yourself and then drown out your miseries by doing some time consuming activity that doesn't improve current status. I have a buddy who says that he's trying all the time to do things he wants, but it looks like he is pretty happy for the most part with his lifestyle. He enjoys coming home after work and watching Netflix episodes and then repeating the process in a daily fashion. He has said that he doesn't want to bother with being stressed out by ladies in a serious relationship, so he does have some interest and asks out ladies but is okay with however long it takes for him to get married. 

My personal guess is that his mentality might work pretty well with older ladies once he's in his mid 40s and becomes attracted to a good lady for who she is as a person. He's still with that mindset of wanting to be with a special lady who is gorgeous and asking them out while not being that desirable of a person to date in general. It looks like he really doesn't mind just chilling and not making any strong improvements to attract a mate he desires to be with. 

For myself, I'm not happy if I stick to that type of mindset so I really need some structure and to put in some effort so that I'll be happy with going somewhere. This promotes the production of some good hormones, and I'm starting to realize that a man can wire himself to be attracted to just about any type of lady out there he desires to be with. 

I'm not so much attracted to fleeting and inconsistent physical appearances of ladies anymore. I rather much prefer being with a lady who has a good personality over having a pleasing countenance now. I think I can seriously handle a good relationship with decent looking women, so they don't have to be the best looking now for me to be happy.