Thursday, May 13, 2021

Staying Focused on Main Task at Hand

I'm starting to realize that my mind likes to run off and think about random things that make me feel good all the time! I believe this is really a normal thing and something I really should learn to manage well so that I will stay a pro at self-discipline no matter what's bugging me at the moment. 

From doing a little reading, it does make sense to pay attention underneath to your feelings and understand where it's coming from and what you could do about it to improve yourself. From being a Christian, I believe that relying on the Lord's sovereign rule over my heart from having bought the price of my sins at the cross extends to everything going on in my life. There's the human thinking way of relying on self versus relying on the Lord for strength! I prefer the latter. 

I don't have a calling to serve in the ministry as a pastor or Bible teacher of any sort, as it would feel awkward to me. I feel happy about living an average life and would love to stay there and give all the glory to the Lord. My idea of an average man's life may be considered pretty high standard, but it's just normal to me. 

The average man's life to me is owning a nice home, being a millionaire, having a family with a good wife and kids, physically in good shape, and content in a well-rounded fashion. There's absolutely nothing wrong about living below this standard as long as the man's happy! If he's not, then he's just being dumb. Therefore, it shouldn't be hard to realize that working hard and obtaining this average man's life would be more than sufficient enough for me to glorify the Lord.