Saturday, March 20, 2010

Man, I Really Hate Yelling

In my opinion, yelling is not a very appreciated thing and should be avoided as much as possible. The only incidences I see it working is if you have to alert someone from far away or if you have something positive to mention.

Since I signed up to be a baseball coach, seriously I'm going to now be coaching a league which should be a lot of fun for me.  It looks like I may have to raise my voice to direct the boys out on the field. I feel like being pretty motivational and giving it my all in helping. I don't care about the negatives that are associated with it; I just really see a lot of fun from doing it. I think habits are really hard to end and Carlos Julio just keeps on wanting to stick with his own and having pride in it.

I feel pretty sheepish from having called up Julio over and over again before he left for visiting his friends and then yelling at him. I guess I was just in the mood for not dealing with any of his bad remarks. It's pretty crazy that he's able to pick up every five minutes that I call him, after he hangs up. Instead of trying to be nice, I was being very crass and it pretty much is the same response from Julio. For my personality, with yelling so much I'm eventually going to stop because the law of economic satisfication is going to be in effect and it's going to be more costly for me to keep on yelling. If I act really nice, then it becomes a reinforcing behavior for me on a personal end. Because I acted really nice and everybody was acting really callous about the situation, by me yelling it's pretty much releasing all this stored energy inside me and forcing them to accept my condition. Overall, they don't really come out as looking like great friends but I'm personally really bothered by it and need to confront them about their behavior in the past. The present situation looks like the same as the past situation for me; that's why I'm yelling. I don't plan on having anything long-term with them now; it's about time to force control to go in my direction and leave behind animosity, violence, and stupidity.