Friday, March 5, 2010

Poker Mania

I'm finding out that poker is more of a risky adventure if you go high stakes with it. It's probably not a good idea to get involved with the game unless you can really make those very expensive gambles and not feel bad for putting all your effort and luck in some cards. I guess some people are just really good at the game or also have a knack of when to stick around or to fold em'.

For me, I'm trying to play the most conservative I can with this card game and I'm finding out that my options are more about having a skilled mentality in the game while mixing in reasonable calls, raises, and bluffs to get the most of the outcome. In an idealistic setting, I feel that putting all my marbles into poker would be a horrible decision for me.

What I've been playing is fixed limit Omaha Hi/Lo tables, with some new updates coming into play, I can expect to profit about four times the biggest blinds in an hour. For example, in a 25/50 fixed game I will shell about 200 in an hour if I play my tested strategies. However, the risk factor is that people suffer losses too and the losses for me could be losing 200 at any moment of the session so let's say within the first half hour. If you treat everyone as equal players, then I believe that my playing a lot at the high tables ($750/$1500) would not be a really good call for me.  

There are other options where I could knock for more sure money and seriously use it for the good of God's purposes. Like for instance, I could go under the wing of organizations that have already made it big and then get compensated for putting in my hours for them. I'm making a living somewhat then and not being so depressed about moving up the ladder. I believe that I might have the determination to reach a high income and to also enjoy a pretty stable and hopefully pretty romantic relationship with a woman I wouldn't mind calling my soul mate and still trying to be a pretty nice guy =)