Saturday, October 2, 2010

Finding Work

Work is not really easy and even running your own business with it, is pretty tough as well in the beginning. I think it's all about hard work and enjoying what you are doing to get to the later stages of success. A problem that I think a significant number of people face is wearing out or feeling empty inside with some job.

I felt this way quite a bit with some of the jobs that I did; I was amazed by how some coworkers knew how to cope with it. I guess in general you can't succeed in a job that you don't like. I remember destroying a business' reputation once by throwing phone books around the neighborhood; that was so funny and not the usual way a person should conduct himself to get paid. I took delivering phone books around Beverly Hills as a one-time job and saw some really beautiful homes there from left to right. A regular neighborhood had all these beautiful settings and was so upscale. What I really thought about doing was renting a caravan and loading up all those phone books and then delivering it. Man, it was a lot harder than I thought because you had to navigate all around these cities and then when you went into the business; they would turn you down in getting a phone book. It was so pressuring and tough. I also had a dumb friend as a partner, who turned out to be an idiot because he didn't know how to navigate and tell which streets to go to; man, I really wish I had a better and more willing business consultants and that the pay was better. I accept my former partner as having been born a dummy because sometimes with the chances life gives you, you still decide to be impulsive and selfish to the point of wanting to lead others and yourself nowhere. I think if I had the right people, then I would have still made little money and be like spending for gas money anyway, so it's just breaking even pretty much. I really wonder how shallow the people there could be, and I would seriously want to think twice about settling down there for the sake of the kids. In a way, Beverly Hills seems like a boring place to live or work at despite the rich community. I would want to think Palos Verdes or Newport Beach honestly. I'll see where I end up and hope that I get set to enter a marriage, which is embarrassing to me to mention on this blog.