Friday, January 15, 2016

Putting Things Behind Me

I think it's really all about placing God first in my life and trying to minimize distractions and being willful about taking the right path. There's really nothing wrong about living up to your full potential and to get there, it's still going to take quite a bit of work.

I used to have something of the nature of not being able to study because I was so caught up on wanting to have fun. I guess playing video games would after awhile get boring or just too hard to sit through and try to figure out. It was basically an addiction that I had, and it followed me all the way even past my college years. Just recently, I'm able to not have my mind constantly on it.

Nowadays, I'm reading! Reading used to be something I hated doing. It's a necessity. If you can't do it, then how can you review the Bible on your own time with no one there to read it to you? It's so much more economical to scrutinize through text instead of listening to someone repeat themselves over again. In a way, it becomes a personal advantage to be able to read other people's works. You just might take something from it that others would normally leave out and not concern themselves so much over. Take for instance, an exciting comic book. I still remember Robin getting killed by the Joker and another where someone used a vulgar word before blowing up an alien! Yeah, books with illustrations are so cool and never get old even with adult-themed anime and comic books!