Friday, January 8, 2016

Follow Up to Last Post


I just had a little fun there, but yeah I came to know Christ at a young age. I had an inferiority complex back then, well, I just felt tormented because I felt a great need to be a really high moral person. When people say because I'm a Christian, why am I being a hypocrite, that really gets to me. Now I perceive it as them making a threat with me because if I am deserving of something bad, why are they revealing that to me anyway? It's because I'm not going to have that bad thing happen to me no matter how much they say it to me! It all comes down to the rudimentary assumption that they have an inferiority complex because they can't keep a sure-steady, social stature from being totally agitated.

The only reason why I gave my life to Christ at a campsite was because I felt so touched as a kid (for reals!) that Jesus could wipe away my silly mistakes (sins, but this is how my teacher explained it). I felt like a wreck because I got smacked around by my mommy for messing up some math problems. She would discipline me and smack my hand with a wooden stick for messing up and the number of mistakes I made. It hurt, but then again, my mom isn't that good at math as I thought she was.

I practiced on some math problems and got good at it later on. I excelled at it because I had a bigger love then hate relationship with it. I loved beating to the punch all my classmates with solving simple math problems in third grade. I was afraid deep down inside that I would never be perfect enough. The message for me was that if I put my trust in Christ, he would make me a completely new person. It was just like how it felt for me after messing up a math problem. I would get better and start whizzing through it flawlessly. I had this image and it was so attractive to me that I was hooked and so I said my prayer to accept Christ with another kid who I never saw after some ages passed by because of my inferiority complex. It heightened because another kid I grew up with and knowing as my best friend gave a fit about something because he had an inferiority complex too. So two guys going at it, one more aggressive than the other, guess who got out of it sooner? He did because I stayed quiet and held it all in. I never recovered from it, but since I realize that the conflict I have been part of are people with an inferiority complex, I feel so much better!