Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Retiring From Poker

It looks like my days of trying to make a living with playing online poker has come to a close. I ended up working my way to the $50 balance that I needed for withdrawing all of it. One of the main reasons for stopping is because it is time-consuming and too unpredictable for me. I guess I'll keep around the skills I've obtained from playing the game and then use it every once in awhile playing recreationally.

 I only played poker with actual money for like ten years on and off, so I did have a decent run with it. Winning felt great in the beginning, but then after it just started wearing out. Losing really sucks, but at least now, I can be understanding about those circumstances. It used to take me a long time to recover from it while I was feeling frustrated or mulling negatively about it.

In a way, it's a form of entertainment among other friends and with the stakes not being so high. I'm sure there are some people out there who don't even wager a penny because they don't want to perceive themselves as gambling.