Saturday, March 19, 2016

Living For What I Want To Be Part Of

Honestly, I still haven't forgotten about how good it really is to have a relationship with Jesus. I'm not talking about some random Mexican here. I'm talking about the chosen one that Americans like to profess if they want to call themselves Christians.

For some time, I felt really sensitive about that literally and would also say Jesus Christ is about this and Jesus Christ loves you. Okay, so I want to stay in fellowship with Jesus because after all these years, I still feel that amazing work that he did for me on the cross. It's a joy and a blessing to be so much under God's love and mercy. It's only through God's work by allowing the Son to shed his blood on the cross that those who believe upon him will find everlasting life.

I honestly didn't even have a clue what everlasting life meant. It's obviously eternal and is it going to be like our very imperfect nature is just going to be expunged and we're going to become like perfectly able robots? Is this really some type of heaven when there's really no more struggles to overcome? The Bible does promise that there will be no more pain and suffering, neither will no one have any hunger nor be thirsty ever again.

I guess the reward really is like this, which is what Paul states in the Bible that it's about running the race - basically, like striving to continuously live for the things of God and to one day arrive in the gates of heaven. It's like the final destination that is filled with eternal exuberance that goes off the charts. I have this living hope in me still.