Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Making a Video Game

I'm now at the point of my life where I actually do want to make a video game for fun now. I'm really bored off my wit's end with playing video games, but I think it would be great to make them so others could enjoy them. I don't really know how this contradicts lifestyles, except that maybe I could try making a little living off of it just for fun.

I have been told that it starts out with a design document which I really need to work on. If I can get that working then maybe it will be cool. I also need to start designing the app and programming it to get the gist of the game. I can just later hire some talented people to make it look more better, but by getting the game functionality all smoothed out, I could probably be an asset to a group while also looking to become a better designer myself at the same time. Maybe, I'll just do it for fun instead of trying to take classes. I would rather just be a self-starter and motivate myself to the finish by looking up stuff on the web and keeping it cheap for myself. It sort of makes sense to do it this way, save money, and work on some impressive projects in case I do get an itch to work on bigger projects that other companies have to offer in the future.