Saturday, March 19, 2016

Becoming More Resilient

My closest high school buddy isn't really the brightest guy around. He's given up on chasing after a lot of interests because he finds many of them to be just so hard that it probably wouldn't be logical to keep moving forward with trying to achieve something he has little patience over.

The circumstances and his upbringing is what made him who he is and I can accept that. When I talk to him though, I've been finding out that he assumes a lot to be true without really backing them up substantially. A little hint of an indication, such as a smile or small gesture with how a person talks, is enough to lead him to scary conclusions!

What I've noticed sadly for him is that going with assumptions will only limit someone's personal freedom. It's actually quite enraging for me now that I've seen it happened to me by antagonists who were trying to control my behavior. I gave them a hard time over it of course, while they thought they were doing it for my own good.

It's based off of fear from assuming with how things will end up. Fortunately, my personal incidents with people were never really that serious but it still feels like the devil was trying to get his way with me the whole time through those unwanted clashes. It really ticks me off! Yet, I find that it would be so cool to just talk my about it easily and without having to say too much. This is where knowledge and the art of recognizing the other person's motives come into play.

The reason why it isn't really serious is that even though it may be scary to some people because of what I'm doing is so psychotic to them, the law is explicit and pretty much black and white. They don't know it fully on top of their heads and it's basically fear and how they've assumed to grow up in their lives which is what is making them tick. They are using this set of ideas to control someone in an unethical fashion. It's because they are driven by fear, which they mask as saying they aren't angry or they are just trying to look out for you. It's something that a person like myself who loves giving people freedom to do what they want until trust is broken through a reasonably proven, criminal act has to watch out for.