Thursday, July 13, 2017

Making Decisions

I think I'm about trying to make healthier decisions right now. I've been blessed with an attractive, bright, and young woman who loves to ask me to go hiking with her small group of friends. I enjoy it and it's cool because she can also set a much faster pace than my boring parents could. I have been forced to go hiking and I did enjoy the scenery and also making it all the way to the top. It just got really boring not having a conversational friend to do it with. Hey, it's cool that she felt the same way when she hiked a long trail all by herself and wants to get as much friends to join in as possible.

With one of my oldest buddies, he's turning out to still have quite a juvenile mind. His mind doesn't really click with the big picture sometimes and he likes to wander off with his own concerns and make decisions to avoid confrontations with crazy people. He just doesn't like to feel all of that possible attention it could bring to him and has an aversion to it. He basically fears for his life, if there's any possibility in his mind and won't give in to something that's a highly unusual practice and requires too much effort.

Right now, he says he wants to be a champion of Magic: the Gathering, which is the trading card game I introduced to him. I don't think he has the make up to be a champion and over the course of all these years, I'm now fed up with him. I guess if he won and didn't make me feel irritated about it, I would be cool, but he tries to act so cool about it which gets bothersome to me. He doesn't really win consistently and he has said several times that his deck is the best only to prove himself wrong. It's like he's on a mission to prove something and doesn't care how he's coming across with me during our recreational matches. For example, he will say that I got lucky if I win and I've made some bad decisions. He likes to justify how he won all by skill and that it was like his destiny, which has got annoying. He's gone a little too obsessive to me with this game, so I'm going to have to bow out. He has a sense of self-worth or something that makes him convinced that he's the best at it or something. He has weaknesses though and isn't the smartest at comprehending himself while lacking that essential self-awareness with his own emotions. He's like an undisciplined student at times while being in his 30s. His mentality is like he's in high school but he's taking the road of someone who is a bit paranoid about stuff crashing on him, which he can't handle. Overall, I think it's the best decision to never play another game of MTG with him for recreational purposes. As competitors in the real professional circuit, if it happens may the best player win that match; no matter how bad he tries to rub it in me if I do end up losing. I'm not going to care, so if he loses it might feed upon his own inferiority complex.