Thursday, May 24, 2018

Area To Be Self-disciplined

Yesterday, I ran on an excruciating 8 mile trail and it included some inclines that just don't want to stop so it forced me to slow down! Because of the difficult terrain, I ended up dropping four pounds in calories and water weight included like it was nothing. Today, I'm not really that sore and actually thinking of going for another of the same run. It's hard and makes you feel desperate at certain moments of the run and tests your patience and the body just wants to crash but you just will yourself forward. When you are finished and take the shower, it feels great! I sweated so much as well and it's like three water bottles was splashed all over me but it was just sweat.

From doing those type of runs, obviously, I should know by now where I screw up in my time management. I was surfing the web and thinking I would just do it for five minutes and slowly it became 15 minutes and then 30 minutes and stopped at two hours! I was so tired at that point, I set my alarm on accident to wake up an hour later than I usually do and I paid for it by being 40 minutes late to work. I had woken up from a bathroom dream as well and thought I had some extra sleeping time, but that should have been the moment I got ready for work.

I surfed the web under the pretense of singing and I even recorded my voice after watching bad American Idol auditions and laughed at how bad my voice was too. The judges were cracking up at the contestant and I was doing the same to myself. On certain songs though from listening to myself, it's not that bad actually. I can now see that my friends don't really react to it because it doesn't sound that bad during my karaoke sessions. It doesn't matter how much you suck at karaoke because it's normal to be bad at it.

I guess learning to sing would be one of my priorities as well but it's listed lower and I skipped out on one of my main priorities to get carried away with recording acapella for myself to listen to. Because of my tendency to take awhile and that I can get so carried away with things easy, I should just take care of my priorities first in order of precedence. If I don't finish it from being tired, then there's nothing I can do about it. I might be worn out but these goals are what I have in mind of doing for myself and it's like I should be doing it because it's good for myself.

I just want to not be stressed out from being bored out of my mind at times with the doing the same thing, but I remember at one point a few years back that I became so good at doing my main priorities that I did them fast routinely and had extra time to do other stuff. I think from that point on I became addicted to being carried away with the extra stuff. Nowadays, if I try to complete my main tasks I'm back to being slow again so it's discouraging and hard with getting it done.

If I know that I became pretty fast at it, then I should work at becoming that way again so I could complete all my level 1 to 3 priorities and then have fun playing with the girlfriend or something like that. Another situation could be that I'm investing more time into my priorities, so I may have to find other parts of the day with some downtime to complete it so I can exhaust my huge, time-consuming list.