Monday, May 7, 2018

Consistency and Honesty is Good

I guess a lot of it really comes from having patience and accepting certain things when you know you are lacking in somewhere. It was really agitating when I wanted to do something in the past, but I just knew I didn't possess everything that I needed to make it happen, so I would feel so shy and nervous about it and still just go for it at the same time. I was basically working for stuff to happen while I planted a chip on my shoulder.

For some time as well, I felt really offended when people I hit up weren't able to make one of my events that I put my time into planning. I would feel massive hurt and disappointment like I was being rejected and just not understand why the successful people were able to do it. I was just assuming something made them popular with people so that's why they came to parties. I just didn't know what would make me popular back then. I'm glad I didn't fall into this personal trap of desiring social recognition from others so much that I wouldn't even have been myself.

I'm so dumb, but a few memories were so cool to hang onto, but those things are probably not so valued much by my friends. It was just something to do I guess once and then just forget and move on. They are normal people and not so ambitious like I am and some of them are fortunate to be smart enough and chill with me at the same time. I'm actually happy for those group of friends.