Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

There's really not much to say on this title, so I don't know why I even bothered to write it. I'm going to roll with it and see where it takes me. I would like to be a son that would make my mom happy, but I don't act that way at all for her! It's because I still bear a grudge for how she mishandled a bad situation with me and started going off crazy with me and just yelling. I still didn't change for her back then, but that memory really drives me crazy but only a little now.

My mom wasn't perfect by any means and really ticked me off a lot for how she raised me, so I don't want to behave that way with my own kids. I remember having a discussion with a Bible teacher in Sunday school and she started mentioning how kids can grow up to behave like their own parents. Umm yeah, my mom's style of parenting isn't mine and you don't have to count on it! I think the main reason a lot of girls tell me is that it's because I'm a guy.

I feel bad for a buddy. He's not that smart and can start thinking a little crazy while being afraid to do anything about it. He's living with his mom and has had no real job for a few years and doesn't want to find any job from thinking it's stressful and is already 34 years old, yikes! He even complains about what he's trying to study to become, an artist. Well there's one thing I regrettably introduced him to and that's the professional card playing game Magic: the Gathering. He doesn't have what it takes to go pro and he's wasting his time from consistently playing it and not talking about his losses and boasting about his wins. He loses a lot more than he wins, so he brags a lot about it when he does! I feel sorry for introducing him to this game because he's hooked and doesn't want to do anything else, but win and make money and have it come to him easy. He just isn't that smart to make that happen and I mean he can put in a lot of effort, but he still misses some obvious key steps and then he just stubbornly dismisses them while thinking that he's better than most people. Yeah, I told him that I'm not helping him anymore mainly because I give up and his mannerism isn't helping at all for me with it being so annoying!