Thursday, May 10, 2018

Staying Focused While Distracted

I honestly don't really know how a person can concentrate with something serious while doing something so fun in his or her own free time. It's like an addiction from being so fun and enjoyable, but at the same time not really making much progress for yourself; don't you just hate that? I mean why not make money while doing something that's very fun to you. I really can't see how watching TV all day and doing that for life would even be enjoyable. I just can't do it. It's probably that it's fun when doing that for like an hour and then going for another and slowly keep on adding to finish the series or catch up for the next episode and never going to sleep because you have to keep viewing it a little more.

I remember a roommate saying that he can handle staying up late all day and be up to work early the next day. Well it figures he ended up lying about it. He then does the same thing after recovering and when I ask him the same question he just doesn't care to respond back and is like go away to me. I don't think asking questions is the way to get to this former roommate.

It was very frustrating to ask some weird acquaintances questions I already knew the answer to when I knew something was wrong with them. This problematic behavior of mine got me a restraining order after they got so fed up and called the cops on me because I kept on just trying to ask them questions that made me keep getting more frustrated at them. They were basically calling in professionals to tell me to shut up. At least I know what the answer is to those questions I was asking. They didn't really know the answer because they thought crazy from the start already!

It's not that big of a deal and I'm not plotting to kill them even though I became angry after feeling devastated from having a restraining order. I don't know why if they thought I was a scary man because obviously you don't put a restraining order on just annoying people, but he also needs to be scary for you to call the cops; they still must have thought they were the smartest people in the world for deciding to go put a restraining order on a person who they think is a very scary man who can plot to kill them because he is offended. I'm not them, but I'm just saying!

To stay focused while being distracted, the first step is to come to acceptance about it and wish upon yourself to get stuff done instead of just sitting there having so much fun and saying I want to have even more fun and not get to it. I don't know but maybe I had an inferiority complex that kept me glued to feeling stupid while I had so much fun playing video games and not making money off of it.

Basically, self-awareness plays a huge role and it's also about having self-discipline. I'm sure a good number of people even if they look hopeless with no chance of any success would want to be encouraged to keep at it. I honestly think they just give up and stay quiet about it even though they talk about how they want to better themselves every once in awhile. They can also laugh at other people's clumsy mishaps and not their own obviously because they wouldn't find it funny, but laugh out a storm when they see it happening to other people in their situation. Actually, they probably wouldn't laugh if it happened to them too much, but something that didn't happen often they would laugh. I know this because two of my buddies are not that successful and act in this manner.

I think overall it's about sticking to what you personally value and prioritizing your preferences with the important and less serious ones. It would be awesome to just nail everything on my list which would take up the whole day for me. I have some work cut out for me to be able to get there. Everything shouldn't really be so stressful because it would be what you desired in the beginning and just have to tough it out sometimes, until the opportunity comes to be able to move on.