Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Living Expenses Issue

Right now with my job, I barely have enough to keep up and it's just that with gas prices being so high, I'm spending so much on it. Being a Californian, gas prices are about $4.00 a gallon and that's paying a lot because my car is a gas guzzler. I use the highest performance gas because my car is an old muscle car plus convertible, but I get around 17 miles per gallon on average which I figure isn't that bad for a 8-cylinder good-looking mustang!

I still enjoy driving my car after all these years I've had and want to hang on to it. It could sure use some upgrades I have in mind, but only if I could find someone to do that for me or I just happen to be lucky to have so much time on my hands to figure it out on my own. Maybe I could build my own electrical sports car someday and have it registered with the state so I can legally drive on the car pool lanes by myself!

Because of these gas prices and my tendency to drive around everywhere and too often, it's piling up to regularly $2000 of expenses of every two weeks! I'm only kidding about putting in that much gas but it's from also including my other living expenses and spending it to acquire cool gadgets like expensive running shoes that cost me $300 or even paying for extra storage space and stuff to maintain a decent appearance which includes healthy but expensive food. It sucks to pay rent and not own my house yet either.

I need to do something about this $4000 monthly price tag. I make more money than that in wages, but close to a third is being taken away for income tax purposes which is insane. I wish I had a take home pay of close to like $10,000 every two weeks so I wouldn't be sweating so much about my normal purchasing activity and maybe then I would be able to afford a luxury home as well with how I'm still living.