Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Cool Day

I'm going to be detailing a little about what I'm feeling without trying to brag a whole lot because I think it's totally off-putting. It's really cool to see my view chart below the total pageviews make this funny surge to what looks like it's trying to break the ceiling! I don't know who is on my site because I don't record IP addresses and don't really care to know my readers' addresses, but yeah, it's still flattering to realize that I am recording a lot more views on here than my own!

Still, I'm not trying to exploit my audience and keeping this all free. I can make money doing other things like trying to build an app right now with a team I'm working with on the side. I'm also working at being a really good swing trader someday. I'm trying to fight my urges to do some grinding with online poker because that's going to take away time to do a lot of my other endeavors.

From the years I did actually try to make money, my total amount I have made from this site is less than $1 in ten years. Yes, it's very unappealing to blog and get users on Blogger.com with a domain that says blogspot.com! Everyone wants to think their own thoughts with some privacy and some are just more happier to share them than others. Hence, I'm calling myself the #1 blogger related to my college major because nobody really cares to update their site that regularly like I do out of like the remaining 1900 profiles.

I have put up a link at the top that sends you to other people's profiles. I'm a little turned off from currently seeing profiles from like Africa or India being among the top ten. I wouldn't mind reading some more posts from US citizens even though I won't comment on them most of the time. Because of my lack of audience participation, I shut my commenting privileges off. It was getting too bothersome continuously seeing doughnuts (Os) on my page.

I am actually aware of a business model regarding using blogger.com to make some passive income. It makes so much sense and will even feature original content. It's just that I'm not really interested in going that route from it being risky and not my ideal way to make money. I'll just stick to what I think would be best for me, even though it's really tough to stay in the game. I'm not going to reveal how to do the Blogger method of making money because it might seem pretty shady for some!