Monday, November 11, 2019

Making Most Of My Time

Yesterday, I really spent the day considering my backup plan of playing Poker to earn a living if my current job falls out of place and I need something to do. Poker is a game of grinding and competing against one another while taking advantage of breaks and concealing them to the opponent. It's difficult to pick up on these signs so against a very seasoned player, the personal earnings will take a dip unless luck was on your side that time. My primary urge is to believe other players are bluffing in a real money situation. I have found out for play chips that the players don't really bluff as often as they could or I just found a really nice online community to practice my skills on.

I'm finding it to be fun and I can just waste hours playing online with one table while betting only $1.50 to $5.00 at a time. I can probably last for hours at a time too and sometimes I just leave to take a break like everybody else does after they are disappointed to lose all of their chips.

The thing about playing Poker to make a living off the low-stakes tables is that it can get very time consuming and since I already have a day job that pays better and has less hours to work and feels more rewarding, then maybe I should work hard to increase my skillset for this career and keep building upon it. It's nice as a last resort that playing Poker against other scrubs online for a living would be fun, but I'm going to have to eventually fold on this idea if I can.