Thursday, May 19, 2022

My Relationship With a Close Female Friend

Since I'm single and oriented towards wanting to marry a decent lady, my relationship with one of my closest female friends is very important to me. We are only friends because neither of us are right for each other in terms of intimate relationship values. She's different like she doesn't want to have kids and wants to still have some space from her significant other, which would sort of kill me. 

I have realized though that we do have amazing chemistry with each other like in the things that mutually interest us. 

Some people do think we are a couple when they see us, which either of us don't mind most of the time and can laugh about. I'm sure she's also felt some physical attraction with me during a few moments in the past while hanging out because I do like to workout. I have those feelings sometimes with her too but it just doesn't matter to me anymore because I think both of us don't want to make it count. 

The reason is because looking at the deeper surface, our values when it comes to being in a marital-type relationship don't align. She is different from a lot of people and it's something that I'm making an effort to not to judge out of respect and treating her like family. If later on, we both grow as a person and we're both not seeing anyone and she started seeing life positively in a different light that matched a great deal of my important preferences [that is never superficial] then I can see a potential romantic and deep relationship take over our lives. However, I believe that living in the present is the most important state of our lives.  

As a progressive romantic, I've accepted that this may not happen as well as there are plenty of beautiful [on the inside] available women already out there who may be ready for possibly seeing me as their future husband. There was never any wrong in my budding friendship with my current buddy and something I can accept with confidence and contentment.