Friday, October 2, 2009

Conclusion of Camp

Today is the final day of camp for me. I've pretty much signed up for learning a lot more about the LAN/WAN industry which is basically setting up computer networks and maintaining them with complicated stuff. They have you get certified, make this nifty resume, and apply for like over 1 Million jobs in the U.S. Demand for network engineers is really high and for many reasons that seem obvious. The internet is one reason because that's what a network really is.

Understanding the theory and applicable stuff is actually pretty fun for me. Even though it can be a challenge, I don't mind putting the hard work into it. It's a pretty lucrative position too. Something that I've felt like I need to be a part of. Maybe this field is a calling for me. What I take out of this camp is some great references who will put in a good word for me and the highest level of certification with a top 10 Fortune 500 company- that is Cisco and Microsoft. Let's see where this takes me because the state of California easily tops out to be the most technological with LAN/WAN jobs. I searched over 20,000 jobs already in the last days and it's still growing by the hundreds daily. I have a chance of getting at least scraped by a company that needs hook ups and promoting certified people with some experience. They say my Computer Science degree could count as about 2-3 years of I.T. experience depending on the employer. I am very excited with the opportunity that is ahead for me.