Saturday, October 24, 2009

Today's Approach

I have this stint where I'll be paid about $18/hr for moving machines around to convert different technology for a JP Morgan bank. It included training. I am also paid for being part of the training. It was one of those conference calls that you log onto. A very cool thing that I have is a magicJack which allows you to place computer calls and make unlimited calls for the whole year and call anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. It's been highly useful and I love the invention. I have a built-in microphone on my laptop so it proves its usefulness.

I'm starting to realize bluntly that the guilt that I had was only centered on me and not because I was being bad with others. These people may like to say that I was being bad around them but I really was not. I was having a hard time deciphering their cryptic remarks and where they were coming from. They were just full of hot air and trying to be good about it. They failed by going overboard and is calling upon others to support their decision. This is where it gets very tricky in drawing the line and feels like almost everybody who does not have that much experience in being a socialite and pretty open about themselves will give me bad advice in fulfilling this direction. My solution is to just be nice about it and to talk to them even if they don't want to hear about it. I'm glad that I have enough friends playing devil's advocate with me to help give me practice in what the true approach should be. On the long run, this type of practice is giving me an edge and confidence that is not going to swagger. It's going to be used for a good purpose because I'm being nice. It's like the best combination in feeling quite happy about yourself and not worrying so much or depending on them for something that they can't really provide. It's just nice to be around because it's me that's being courteous and not really them. In other words, I want to step up to the plate in leading them to the Lord's kingdom. It feels like they've been lost sheep who have gone astray. Four things- pray, fellowship, read the Bible, share your faith with others; that's how you grow as a Christian.