Monday, November 1, 2010

Typical Routine

Mark 14:51-52 says "There was a young man following along behind, clothed only in a linen nightshirt. When the mob tried to grab him, they tore off his clothes, but he escaped and ran away naked."

That verse describes a pretty funny predicament. I notice that this one guy whose an idiot tries to make himself appear all great in private but when it comes to the real thing, he usually backs out or runs away from conflict. I think some people don't really know how to deal with fear of conflict and yet, try to give advice that they alone can't even handle. I realize this as being true to me, and it sort of angers me to be honest. Yet, I don't wish to be shaken up when it happens to me anymore. I believe I could go all day now and have some fun with those people who think they know better than me when I know that they already reminded me that they are weak in that area.

John 18:8-9 says "I told you that I am he," Jesus said. "And since I am the one you want, let these others go." He did this to fulfill his own statement: "I have not lost a single one of those you gave me."

This was a moment where the disciples of Jesus exhibited real fear and discomfort in a situation where they were faced with being put to death. Initially, the disciples did not fully understand God's plan. As we hear in history later, many Christians were put to death and some gave themselves over to be martyrs for Christ up to this day and age- including the Christian folklore that states Jesus' number one disciple, Simon Peter died on the cross upside down. The Bible states that the believers became equipped with this faith (peace and joy found outside the desires of the world) through the Holy Spirit. It also looks like Jesus justified human rights- John 18:23 says Jesus replied, "If I said anything wrong, you must give evidence for it. Should you hit a man for telling the truth?" This verse really helps me out in encouraging me to continue living out my life and the detail I cover with this blog in all honesty.