Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blocking Out Stuff

One of the things I had to deal with because I was really sensitive about this was being able to ignore some things about people that I really normally don't do. For instance, a lot of people seem to act like rednecks every once in awhile by cussing. Like my friend doesn't even say that he's saying a bad word when he says the F-word; he's really that ignorant. He's really lost in his self-portrayal of himself- like he thinks he's really unique and awesome in his own way while not really succeeding with some things he would like because he's just too uncertain about the future and has a limitation to what he thinks he can achieve.

Some people were just born to be winners and others were born to be losers. One has to just put in the time and have the responsibility to pick him or herself up when down and try to succeed. This is all part of life and intended to be part of one's journey in life. It only makes sense for my condition in that I should put in the necessary time to get to where I want to be. Like my friend for instance, I've told him that he's not getting good grades in his classes because he's just not studying enough by not staying up. When I've seen him study before, I think I observed him falling asleep in his chair and succumbing to his sleepiness. One time he told me that he stayed up all night and then after waking up, he had missed the final exam he was studying for haha.

I've felt like getting angry with my good buddy whose a professor over the subject of thinking like him. When I think of it, it's decisions that he made and he's just weak in his decisions and therefore there are consequences. He's just forced to deal with it because he just doesn't want it really that badly and has a pretty high tolerance level of where he's at. If I was mentally deprived then I would study so hard day and night, if I wanted to get somewhere with my studies. It's not that it's impossible, it can be done. My friend told me that he can't do it because maybe he gets really bored and lonely sitting there trying to force himself to study and get too tired, so he would rather avoid studying and do something else because he just can't push himself that hard on himself. I'm accepting him more as a person with limited capabilities in learning and that he's weak in certain areas that he claims he's really strong in- he's still my friend and my energy level of wanting people to be somewhere is something where I have to learn to balance with compassion and understanding dealing with others who might never really come out of it. Therefore, what I've learned these days is still loving the person who I feel annoyed with from not being able to pick up on stuff I'm trying to get in his or her head.