Monday, November 4, 2013

Avoiding Wasting Time

I think everybody needs to have something they could work on consistently and be very passionate about. This activity should also be able to provide for a family and be ethically legal. I'm talking about a job where a person could wake up and feel passionate about doing every day and have no problems with. I understand that most people have setbacks and won't be lucky enough to get to that position right away. This is why I believe that most of us start out roughnecking with any position we could get our hands and feet wet on.

With my parents emphasizing me not to work at all and just focus on studies and to tell me that I don't need real world experience while studying at a well-recognized school was not really the best advice I could get. I really regret listening to some of my parent's advice because I thought they really knew best. They are also weird at times and act like they can't get along with each other while behaving like little kids. Yet, they manage to turn into adults and stay together still. I am naturally ticked off thinking about how my mom was bossing me around because her advice didn't naturally increase my own welfare. I just have this tendency to submit to others' will without caring for my own future sometimes, and I think that's what leads to my downfall with them. Not like it had to matter so much because the bigger picture is what we were refusing to see all this time.

I think I'm born to fight for a position in being a leader of some people's lives who want to influence me in their own right image. This would mean that I have to really up my game by actually investing my time in figuring out things that actually do make sense and benefit mostly everyone.