Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Well, This is Interesting

Just when I thought I was giving up on Magic: the Gathering, my best friend comes along and starts liking it too! I think I have one of the best Modern decks ever assembled or at least among the top 10 Modern decks. The reason for that is because I've played against those really strong decks and tested against it. I manage to beat them using what I call the sideboard. The sideboard (SB) is in a tournament format, 15 additional cards that you can interchange among your own minimum of a 60 card deck.

You are allowed to have more than 60 in a standard MTG tournament, but it might be a disadvantage in that you might not draw what you need when the opponent is working a crazy combo! Because of my sideboard, I lay waste to all those decks of former champions. I have had all this time to just test and continuously re-test my deck against those super strong decks. I'm fairly satisfied that I've performed a flawless victory against them a few times already! It's a blue/white combination, which is fairly common to see in the final match of a tournament. Last year, the best deck of the main tournament was blue/white, so it's just a coincidence because I don't follow that champion's strategy.

I have modified my deck like so many times and then all of a sudden, I just received an inspiration that I wanted to go by and it just worked out for me. Obviously with practically unlimited time, I can build a deck that will beat multiple past champion's deck with one deck, but conceivably the time isn't nearly enough for me to be able to be a very tough contender for the title and earning a sweet prize money! I've also had the privilege of playing against other crazed MTG addicts and so from observing their strategies, I adopted a few of their ideas as well and continuously redesigned my ultimate, recreational deck that is all fairplay!

I even have an idea how I can virtually win every single game on my first turn, if there's a no restrictions list in the card game! It wouldn't be legal in a professional tournament though. Oh well. The makers of this popular trading card game need to make money by feeding to the addictions of these super crazed gamers by making it fun for everybody and a continuous challenge.

So my best friend is keeping me around longer with busting out my deck. He really loves it because I let him play with it to teach him, and he even performed a flawless victory against me too with it! He likes it that he chose one of my colors for his own favorites and he decided to use one of my useful cards for his own deck. I'm pretty familiar with the other color he is playing and from the research he put in, I say that he's starting out at around a novice/intermediate level.