Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Peace Of Mind

I'm inspired by this morning from having listened in to a talk given by a pastor named James McDonald. I was only able to listen to him for like a few minutes before zoning out, but it was refreshing to hear. He stated that to contemplate on wrong doing, it means forfeiting a peace of mind. There's a benefit to having a peace of mind especially in the field of pastoring a church. It allows you to be looked upon so honorably, no matter how bad any situation was. I ended up football tossing a Jehovah Witness Bible at a pastor who also works as a car dealer in front of his congregation. I did something really crazy and it leaves the members there feeling so concerned for their safety because of me. It's really funny to me now but I think the reason why I did that was because I was in disagreement with this pastor's interpretations of the Bible. It didn't feel relational to being built on the foundation of God's Word. He was sharing different translations of the Bible and I felt he could have been easily misled by a simple wording, instead of taking the time to study the customs and cultural context of the Bible which is so important. Overall, he doesn't feel like an ordained pastor to me and I don't belong at that church anyway- I was just trying to go there to seek relationships with the weird members there. It was very foolish of me, so I guess scaring them was the next thing to do so they would go after removing me from attending their church.

It's just a thing of the past to write about and have great laughs with now and to stay at peace with myself. I'm in a good position with also friends who care about me, so I don't need to bring it up with them to assert any opinions on it anymore. There is a foolish guy I know who is a brother to another foolish friend, who is a train wreck! He likes to constantly bring about this past conflict with the church and all the stupidity I put myself into to try to torture me, but lately, he's given up on doing that because I have a strong peace of mind. He only wants to be entertained by teasing me about stuff I'm attached to, but he's been losing a lot of ground lately with me and so it seems like he has been feeling depressed because I'm not much of a source of fun to him anymore.

All of this acceptance stuff with full honesty and being inspired by Jesus has led me to developing a peaceful state of mind. I will continue to work on myself and go after completing my priorities via administering self-discipline.