Thursday, August 2, 2018

Life Update

Getting ready to go to work today, I found out that my car needed to have its battery terminal connectors replaced. Fortunately, it doesn't look like a lengthy cost for the mechanic. I called up roadside assistance and my car was started up. After I left for work, the car shut down on the left turn lane before entering the freeway. I'm fortunate with cars being able to drive around me and being left in a suitably comfortable spot for a car to break down. It was a lot of waiting around to get a tow truck and I took it to the mechanic shop near my workplace and then headed off to work.

It doesn't really seem like a stressful day for me because all I wanted to do was go to work and clock in. This is where I'm currently at now and it's like my day has been a rush. I found out yesterday that I have more than 5,000 songs on my hard drive and I thought it was originally 3,000. I have worked my way to sorting out the songs I like from about a 1,000 so far and it's just going to take too much time for me. I will just break it down into around an hour each day then.

It's about time I put myself back into the gym after working out like only once a week. I want to be a pretty muscular triathlon athlete. Supposedly, a person needs to put in about five hours of work a week with heavy weight training to see some significant increase in muscle and to also intake a good amount of protein each day. I would like to combine triathlon workouts with weights and also include pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, jumps, and yoga stretches into my daily part of life.

I think my most challenging days will be Monday through Thursday and the other days will be all about taking breathers. There is this useful program called T25 by Beach Body Workout which specializes in doing a full body workout in 25 minutes and doubling it on Friday. I guess I'll just follow the program and if I skip, I'll just move to the next one for that day. Nothing wrong with skipping if you body isn't into it. Just get into it when you feel ready. I want to work out and it always feels hard but after putting in the effort, it feels great and it was only like an hour or two and from putting that much time into my body, I'm feeling much more lighter and awake and it feels great in general!