Monday, March 2, 2020

Putting In Some Long Term Effort

From playing Poker with play chips, I'm now at about 250 Million chips and ranking somewhere in the Top 200 players out of like 100,000 players now. It's been really about playing it safe and then fighting to win the pot and sometimes just trapping other players. It's pretty much what all decent Poker players do. My strategy has been just putting my chips at risk when I see myself having a slight advantage to win. It doesn't always work but if my chip stack has been rising like this then it must be okay. Mathematically speaking, as long as I'm able to maintain a slight lead it will hold out to win on the long term. I have noticed myself doing this for the most part, and I've only had a few breaks to beat other opponents who were holding better hands than me. The most brutal losses for me are when I had the slight lead and those contribute to most of my losses, so I think my strategy is holding out pretty well. I'm going to hang on to my core belief system of how to win and make some final adjustments as I push to make myself a Top 10 player on the site. 

What's pretty cool is that I seem to have this respectable table image. Players act like they want to fold when I bet, so I even get away with bluffing from time to time. It's really all part of my strategy, so the game is about creating an opportunity for yourself and just hoping to win it all mostly by making reasonable Poker decisions.