Friday, October 30, 2020

Disciplining Self for Better Reward

I've always had trouble with doing this since I was a kid, but I've always wanted to have fun. Yet, if I didn't do my homework and performed poorly on my tests, I would feel a lot of anxiety. I didn't figure it out, but I just did enough to get by while struggling and then getting lucky. 

It really feels good to work hard and then make plenty of progress. It doesn't even feel like anything sometimes and totally mindless once the struggles are over with. I guess it's just discipline with knowing what you want to do versus understanding what you have to do to get by. 

I think I just need to put in the effort to work out and cook fast meals that are good, while continuing to remember checking up on my Forex trades before giving into some guilty entertainment. I have found a long anime series that is something worthwhile to watch and have finished half of it now. I'll have to work on saving it for last and if I'm unable to get to it then maybe save it for the weekend. 

I guess I need to live my life first with doing these chores I have in mind with doing to maintain my well-being. I also have my paid online courses that have been collecting dust and something I would like to complete to get my money's worth. Since I'm already making a living with my day job as a programmer, I might as well just put in some time to do the extra training and try to have some fun with completing my own apps to sell for fun someday, whether it's hit or miss. I want to make useful apps that won't legally cost me a lot of money to develop.