Friday, October 9, 2020

Being Mindful

It looks like now I'm aware of myself going through a possible mental breakdown whenever I'm getting mad about anything. First of all, it's dealing with selfish thoughts and probably not even related to how God wants me to behave based on the overall picture of the Bible. I guess critics will even go far to say that Christianity is supposed to be a turn-the-cheek religion. 

I, myself, view it as a personal relationship with God through placing my faith on the Lord Jesus. The Bible talks about righteous anger but I think nobody is capable of doing that like God is able to. He is slow and abounding in grace and mercy. Yet, Jesus was a man who probably did have some mental breakdowns. It's a picture of how I think that because of our sinful nature that we can't be aligned to the Lord's ways while we are going through any mental breakdown. Jesus is God himself, so even through all the emotional issues he may have exaggerated from being human at some points, he is still perfect unlike the rest of us. 

It's just this realization from wanting to be humble about accepting my mental weaknesses, I now realize that lashing out at others is really a form of having a mental breakdown. It's seen as being mean obviously by some people and even offensive. It can even cause a response of the other person getting a mental breakdown, too. 

It's really about realizing the state you are in, and I guess I'm so far into wanting to be a certain type of selfish person, mainly about staying nice even if it ignores the wishes of others; I am better able to self-acknowledge that I'm about to enter a mental breakdown while being mad about something or bring myself out of that state of mind.