Thursday, July 22, 2021

Managing Time Properly

This morning I finally put together how you are supposed to have efficient time management. In my view, the two most basic things are prioritization and commitment. 

There is a list of things one must do for whatever reasons and is not even well-liked. These tasks must be completed first while budgeting out time to do different important things. It's probably a good idea to estimate the amount of time it will take and then work your schedule around it. 

Especially from having to jump from one thing to another, it's probably good to end up at any important place you have to be before fifteen minutes so that you can give yourself time to relax and also look like you are being courteous to others! At the bare minimum, possibly a few minutes early will work too in any casual setting. 

I think it's really about visualizing your steps and then adding in the amount of time to give yourself heads up. For example, in general you would get the total time from GPS and then add on the time for parking and finding your location plus a few more minutes to give yourself some breathing room. 

I've found that I could just relax and play on my phone app to kill a little time, if needed besides moping around with myself about how others are showing up too late to the party! I was deeply hurt by this in the past and could have acquired therapy for it but I'm over it now and only because I realize that I like being a timely person naturally and used to get to places late without owning up to my time.